When you are making flower essences for stocking your home apothecary, you will be working with local plants. This is a great way to get acquainted with your local flora, and to learn their properties.
You can stock your home apothecary with essences that support your emotional state or underlying conditions or simply connect with plants that call out to you, and then determine how they can best used in your own personal healing through the process described in the previous post where you learned how to connect to and meditate with a plant or tree, and how to capture their vibrational essence.
Ten plants for your flower essence home apothecary
These ten plants are local in my environment and are ones you might consider, depending on the time of year and if they are local to you. If not, research local sources to discover what plants thrive in your locale, and more about their correspondences / properties.
Here are some of my spring and summer favourites:
- Chives (Allium schoenoprasum) balances our male and female energies
- Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) supports the Root Chakra and heals etheric wounds
- Daffodil (Narcissus) supports the Crown Chakra and our spiritual connections, spiritual clarity
- Nasturtium (Tropaeolum majus) supports the Third Eye Chakra, and gets us “out of our head” and better connected to our body/physical wisdom
- Nettle (Urtica dioica) aka Stinging Nettle supports the Sacral Chakra, grounding, and reconnection to our Self and our Inner Wisdom when overwhelmed with external input
- Red Chestnut (Aesculus Carnea) reduces anxiety, especially that associated with the health and well-being of others
- Red Clover (Trifolium pratense) aka cow clover, wild shamrock, meadow clover. Use for staying grounded and to minimize the influence of external energies.
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) supports the Solar Plexus Chakra, connects us to Mama Earth and Father Sky. A wonderful essence to guide our way when feeling lost.
- Wild Chamomile (Matricaria discoidea) aka pineapple weed or false chamomile. Use to nurture the mother-child connection, the human-earth connection
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) strengthens your aura and your boundaries. You will most often see White Yarrow but it also blossoms with a pink bloom and a yellow bloom. Make a Pink Yarrow essence to protect from negative thoughts and emotions, a White Yarrow essence to protect from negative environmental energies, and a Yellow Yarrow essence to encourage self-mothering.